Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why can't I use two-step verification on iOS 6?

Hello,

I use the iPhone 3GS running on iOS 6.1.6, and for sometime now the phone has periodically 'forgotten' my iCloud password so I have often needed to go to Settings-->iCloud and enter my password and use two-step verification. However, afterwards a message would come up saying this iCloud account has been added when in fact it had not been (I.e after 'forgetting' my password the phone does not allow me to use iCloud backup and other services until I repeat this procedure). I then just press Done anyway and now iCloud backup can be used. Why does this weird thing happen?

REcently however when I needed to do this again, it doesn't work anymore because when it gets to the two step verification stage, I click on the option to send a text with the code (or direct to my iPhone), but when I click Next nothing happens and so I am stuck without being able to use iCloud backup. Please help and advise me on how to resolve this issue. Thank you

iPhone 3GS, iOS 6.1.6

Posted on Jun 28, 2015 8:07 AM

4 replies

Jul 4, 2015 11:45 AM in response to BBM112620

Hello,

I just replaced the battery on my iPhone 3GS after it went dead. After starting it back on, I experienced the exact same problem as you and thought it was my repair : the "Next" button in the two-step verification doesn't do anything and you're stuck.

I've tried signing out and removing the iCloud account to no avail (note that you won't even be able to log in again !).

Running iOS 6.1.6 on iPhone 3GS.

Anyone else having the same issue ?

Why can't I use two-step verification on iOS 6?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.