Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Do shared films have to be downloaded?

I have set up family sharing all on ios8.1, and want to know if family members have to download purchased music/films (this seems to be the case) or whether they can just stream from the cloud as I would do when on home wifi network?

Please advise.

Regards

Andy

iPhone 6, iOS 8.3

Posted on Jun 28, 2015 9:45 AM

1 reply

Jun 30, 2015 10:29 AM in response to Sledge73

Hi Sledge73,

I understand that you want to know if items shared through Home Sharing on your home Wi-Fi network are able to be streamed when away from your home Wi-Fi network. The answer is no, in order to access items shared through Home Sharing, you must be on the same Wi-Fi network as the computer sharing the files:

Home Sharing enables you to stream or transfer music, movies, TV shows, apps, and more among up to five authorized computers in your household. To do so, turn on Home Sharing on each computer using the same Apple ID. Once you've turned on Home Sharing, all of the libraries from your computers will show up in the Shared section in the upper-right corner of iTunes. If you don't see the shared section in the upper-right corner of iTunes, double-check to make sure that every computer is on the same network.

Learn more about Home Sharing - Apple Support

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201976

Take care, and thanks for visiting the Apple Support Communities.

-Braden

Do shared films have to be downloaded?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.