Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I import Canon XF-AVC Files into FCPX for editing?

Anyone know how to import Canon XF-AVC media into FCPX? ( latest version) . It is from the new Canon XC10 and apart from third party software, which I'm reluctant to use, I'm at a loss and would welcome a solution - however obvious!

It seems be in a MXF wrapper.

many thanks

Final Cut Pro X, iOS 8.3

Posted on Jun 28, 2015 9:09 AM

10 replies

Jun 29, 2015 11:57 AM in response to Tom Wolsky

Thanks Tom,

Well the answer is that FCPX does not yet support XF-AVC. There was some publicity in April saying that it would but it is obviously that might or might not appear in the next firmware revision.

On the Canon micro site for XC10 there is a table of which NLE's support this new codex and Edius Pro vers 8.0 is the only one . For FCPX it just says 'to be tested'

So I'll have to look for another solution.

Sep 19, 2015 11:36 PM in response to martinfromkitzbuehel

Canon just released the plug in for fcP; after upgrading FCP to the lates version and downloading the plugin, the installer crashes and does not complete the process; did anyone experienced the same? Any suggestion?

How do I import Canon XF-AVC Files into FCPX for editing?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.