Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Compilation no longer grouped on Iphone and iPad

Hello

I have a strange behaviour with my compilation albums that I can't resolve.

First of all, I would to like to note that I use iTunes match, on all my devices. I have iOS 8.3 on all my devices and didn't made any os update since at least one month (when 8.3 was published)

All my compilations were tagged correctly to be grouped, and they were grouped on iTunes, but also on my iPhone and iPad.

But 2 weeks ago, some songs of some compilation appeared alone on ipad and iPhone, but still grouped correctly in iTunes

And 2 days ago, all songs of all my compilation appear alone and are no longer grouped ion my iphone neither on my ipad, but they are still ok in iTunes.

On my daughter's iPod (iOS 8.3) which is not syncronized with iTunes match but manually synchronized, I still see compilations grouped

I tried to disable iTune match on my iphone, an activate it again after reboot, but it had no impact

On my mac, I see this

User uploaded file

And on my IPhone, I see this

User uploaded file

It strange also because for some of them, I can set whatever I want in Album Artist in iTunes, I still see the name of the Artist in Artist Album (here for example, it's the case for Jon Malkin, Taylor swift and Maroon 5) on my iphone and iPad. But the tags are correctly set on iTunes...

I've tried different things on my mac to tag the songs of my compilations, but without success.

Here are the settings I have on Itunes for this compilation. Hereunder, all songs are selected and the information are

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

Does someone has any idea why the behaviour suddenly changed on my iPad an iPhone? Is there a way to modify the song tags to have this fixed ?

Thanks for your help

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.3

Posted on Jun 28, 2015 9:38 AM

10 replies

Jun 28, 2015 9:58 AM in response to sebastienfromdardilly

First issue:

Settings > Music > Sort Albums > change By Artist to By Album.

Second issue:

What information is presented in the Get Info window depends inwhats selected, single track, album, multiple tracks. Also confirm that you're using the most up to date version of iTunes. The Get Info isn't of the areas that's been refined in recent updates.

Jun 28, 2015 10:16 AM in response to Rysz

Thanks Rysz

In settings, I have just the option "Group by Artist'. It was ON. I put it OFF. No option to tell 'By Album' as you suggested.

After reboot of device, still the same on the iPhone.

Regarding the second issue, i have cheked all songs one by one, and all seems to be good, as it was before. What surprises me is that without doing anything, the display has changed on iPhone and Ipad...

I really think that there is a problem with iTunes match, but can't identify which one.

To make a test, I have set on one of the song, all the tags to 'TOTO'

I exported library and have a look on XML file. I found the song and can see that all tags have the same value 'TOTO'.

I Synchronized iTunes match, and once done, I still see the song with original tag value... Even after 2 days and mutiple reboot... If I delete the song, synchronize, add the song again and synchronize, it still see the same display on iPhone and Ipad

Jun 29, 2015 5:25 AM in response to sebastienfromdardilly

Sorry that I don't have a solution for you, but I wanted to tell you that you're not the only one. My music has been sorting correctly for months and months and then suddenly out the blue it has stopped grouping compilations. I do use iTunes Match and I wonder if Apple has done something to my songs and the iPhone is now using new metadata for sorting.

Jun 30, 2015 8:50 AM in response to Stuart Mchattie

Same problem here and i am very annoyed.

First thing was the change of the artist pictures, in the past there was always a cover photo and easy to recognize even by driving the car. Now there is a small picture of the artist himself (from today), but can you imagine that I have no clue how many of the artists from 60th and 70th look NOW.

But this has to be fixed asap. I have round about 9000 Title on Sampler, what a mess. They are all tagged with album artist and every thing was fine. iTunes Match is in this kind absolutely unusable and I will never pay in future.

Since I have my own Cloud with Tonido free Software and free iOS App, I have access to all my 120.000 titles without hassle. It works like iTunes Match too.

Over the time there are so many functions lost i.e. Playlist creation at iPhone is horrible since a few years. If I have iTunes Match, why must i edit the playlist on the pc? In the past it was easy doing by listening to a title, one push and ready.

Compilation no longer grouped on Iphone and iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.