Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Handoff is OK for iPhone and Macbook but iPad

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to make Handoff work on my devices. I use Macbook Pro Retina, iPhone 6 and iPad 4. All of the operating systems are up to date (Yosemite 10.10.3, iOS 8.3 and iOS 8.3). I've logged into iCloud, everything is on same WiFi and Handoff is enabled everywhere. Blueetooth is also on for each device. Actually I'm able to see Safari tabs of iPhone and Macbook on all of my devices (including iPad), but I cannot see tabs of the iPad on the others. I am also able to answer calls from my iPad and Macbook, and I can sync messages. Do you have any idea why?

As a second issue, I cannot see any activity icon neither on Dock nor on multitasking display / Lock screen.

Thanks.

iPad, iOS 8.3

Posted on Jun 28, 2015 8:55 AM

2 replies

Jun 28, 2015 9:02 AM in response to eyeofharmony

You may have already tried the steps in the link below but go through it again to see if you've missed something:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204681

Also try a reset on the iPad as well:

Device Reset (won't affect settings/data/music/apps/etc)

1. Press and hold (& continue to hold) BOTH the Sleep/Wake button & the Home button.

2. Continue to hold BOTH (ignoring any other messages that may show) until you see the Apple logo on the screen.

3. Release BOTH buttons when you see the Apple logo and allow the device to boot normally.

Also try a reset of your network:

1. Unplug both modem and router (if combined into one unit, unplug the single unit)

2. Plug in/boot the modem first, allowing one minute or so to stabilize

3. Plug in/boot the router second, allowing one minute or so to stabilize

4. Try to access your network again with the device

If no luck, try forgetting the network under Settings/Wi-Fi, tap the blue-circled "i", then tap "Forget This Network". Now reconnect to your Wi-Fi network with the proper Wi-Fi password.

Maybe something will jar the iPad into being handoff-usable

Handoff is OK for iPhone and Macbook but iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.