Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I do a backup to my mac pro and i lost iPhoto why can i do to recover iPhoto ?

I do a backup to my mac pro and I lost iPhoto what can i do to recover iPhoto ?

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9.5), null

Posted on Jun 28, 2015 12:55 PM

8 replies

Jun 28, 2015 1:02 PM in response to GabyFebus

Terence Devlin

Apr 14, 2015 2:21 PM

Re: Is Iphoto gone ? i want it back!

Go to the App Store and check out the Purchases List. If iPhoto is there then it will be v9.6.1

If it is there, then drag your existing iPhoto app (not the library, just the app) to the trash

Install the App from the App Store.

Sometimes iPhoto is not visible on the Purchases List. it may be hidden. See this article for details on how to unhide it.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4928

One question often asked: Will I lose my Photos if I reinstall?

iPhoto the application and the iPhoto Library are two different parts of the iPhoto programme. So, reinstalling the app should not affect the Library. BUT you should always have a back up before doing this kind of work. Always.

Jun 28, 2015 1:37 PM in response to GabyFebus

If you never purchased a prior version of iPhoto 9.x.x in the App Store, then you cannot re-download the current version. If you have a backup of your older system, then you could restore it from that backup, otherwise, you will need to continue using Photos. Apple has removed all previous versions of iPhoto from the App Store except the last one.

Jun 28, 2015 2:21 PM in response to GabyFebus

Isn't that how you lost iPhoto in the first place? I'm sorry if I misunderstood. You don't have to upgrade to Yosemite.

Have you tried re-downloading iPhoto from the App Store? Have you tired searching for it on your hard drive using Spotlight? Have you checked the Applications folder to see if it's still there, and you only lost it in the Dock? Do you have a recent backup of your computer? If you do then you can restore it from the backup.

I do a backup to my mac pro and i lost iPhoto why can i do to recover iPhoto ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.