Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What do you need for an apple tv

My Family would all like an Apple TV. (I don't blame them, they were all brought up in an apple household!)

BUt the Apple TV is one apple product that I know NOTHING about!

Therefore I would like someone to tell me what I need for an Apple TV.

Also please name what comes in the box(with the TV) and what I need to buy separately. Please name where to get the separate things and what they do.

THanks in advance.

Alice

iPad Mini, iOS 8.3

Posted on Jun 28, 2015 10:18 AM

3 replies

Jun 28, 2015 11:03 AM in response to Alicesita

Hi, Alice.

Read about AppleTV here: http://store.apple.com/us/buy-appletv/appletv

-- This also tells you what comes in the box.

What you'll need:

-- High speed internet with a wired or wireless connection (same as you'd need for a computer or iPad or iPhone)

-- A TV that has an HDMI port - If you're not sure, check your TV manual.

-- An HDMI cable if you don't have one already: http://www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics-High-Speed-HDMI-Cable-Supports/dp/B00NH126Q0/ ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1435514561&sr=8-1&keywords=HDMI+cable

Cheers,

Madison

Jun 28, 2015 3:51 PM in response to Alicesita

Please name where to get the separate things and what they do.

If I may suggest: as you are not communicating with Apple here, that you go to your nearest Apple store and ask the questions for yourself. There is nothing better than doing the necessary research yourself - at least you will know the answers came from qualified personnel and you can then make an informed decision. We are volunteers here and we do not know what type of gadgets and equipment you have at your house, so we would not know what you may or may not need.

Jun 29, 2015 11:13 AM in response to Alicesita

Alicesita wrote:

Also please name what comes in the box(with the TV) and what I need to buy separately. Please name where to get the separate things and what they do.

Alice, you may well know but AppleTV is not a TV/display but a media playback peripheral with various options depending on where you live, and how you'd be planning to do it i.e. stream compatible content from iTunes or simply stream from the internet.

What do you need for an apple tv

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.