Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes match error: We could not complete your iTunes Store request. An unknown error occurred (4001).

Hello, I am getting the following error when trying to upload new audio to iCloud (update iTunes match).

"We could not complete your iTunes Store request. An unknown error occurred (4001)."

I am using iTunes 12.1.2.27 on my iMac running Yosemite 10.10.3. I have been using iTunes match successfully for years. I started getting this error today after adding three new CDs to iTunes. They were FLAC, but I converted them to MP3 with MediaHuman Audio Convert before adding them to iTunes.

How do I find what error code 4001 is? How do if fix this?

Thanks.

iTunes 12-OTHER, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3), Why no iTunes inTheProductCategory?

Posted on Jun 28, 2015 1:07 PM

4 replies

Jun 28, 2015 7:57 PM in response to Richmond BC Canada

Back up all data.

Unlock the Network preference pane, if necessary, by clicking the lock icon in the lower left corner and entering your password. Cllck Advanced, open the DNS tab, and change the server addresses to the following:

That's Google DNS. Click OK, then Apply.

In Safari, select

Safari ▹ Preferences... Privacy Remove All Website Data

and confirm. If you’re using another browser, empty the cache. Test. Any difference?

Notes:

1. If you lose Internet access after making the above change to your network settings, delete the Google servers in the Network preference pane, then select the TCP/IP tab and click Renew DHCP Lease. That should restore the original DNS settings; otherwise restore them yourself. Remember that you must click Apply in order for any changes to take effect.

2. I don't use Google DNS myself, though I have tested it, and I'm not recommending it or any other DNS provider; the server addresses are offered merely for testing purposes. There may be privacy and technical issues involved in using that service, which you should investigate personally before you decide whether to keep the settings. Other public DNS services exist.

iTunes match error: We could not complete your iTunes Store request. An unknown error occurred (4001).

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.