Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I m not able to add movies into my ipad air2. How to tranfer?

I am having ipad air2. I am trying to tranfer some movies which are in .mkv/.avi/.mp4. but i am not able to proceed with transfer. I didnt understand the sync and copy process in apple. I am new to apple world. can any one help me on how to transfer the files using windows computer?

Regards

K

iPad 2, Windows 7

Posted on Jun 28, 2015 1:58 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 30, 2015 12:14 PM

Greetings kcsk10,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

I understand that you would like to sync movies from your computer to your iPad but are having some difficulty. In your situation, there are two different articles that I would suggest reading over.

First, for information syncing content from your computer to your iOS device, please follow the instructions in the attached article below.

iTunes: Videos may be unable to sync to iPhone, iPad, or iPod - Apple Support

You also mentioned that your movies are in a few different formats. Some of these formats may not be compatible with your iOS device. For information on converting and playing this content for use on your iOS device, please read over then next attached article.

Cheers,

Joe

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 30, 2015 12:14 PM in response to kcsk10

Greetings kcsk10,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

I understand that you would like to sync movies from your computer to your iPad but are having some difficulty. In your situation, there are two different articles that I would suggest reading over.

First, for information syncing content from your computer to your iOS device, please follow the instructions in the attached article below.

You also mentioned that your movies are in a few different formats. Some of these formats may not be compatible with your iOS device. For information on converting and playing this content for use on your iOS device, please read over then next attached article.

Cheers,

Joe

Jul 1, 2015 2:00 PM in response to kcsk10

Hello kcsk10,

I'm sorry about the way I positioned the information. The same article actually explains how to convert content for use on your device.

If you didn't purchase your videos from the iTunes Store, they may not be a format that you can play on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod. In many cases, you can convert them to the correct format using iTunes.

Depending on your device, choose one of these options:

• Select a video and choose File > Create New Version > Create iPod or iPhone Version.
  • Select a video and choose File > Create New Version > Create iPad or Apple TV Version.

Best,

Joe

I m not able to add movies into my ipad air2. How to tranfer?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.