Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple tv (A1427) connects to the local network but cant access internet

Suddenly my ATV (model A1427) lost its internet access.

(only shows the icons "Computer" and "settings"

It obtains a local ip address (tested both wifi and ethernet), but there is no Internet access.

This is not a network issue on my local network because all other devices works just fine.

I have done a factory reset from the ATV menu and have also done a reset from Itunes, but it still does not work.

Anyone got the same issue? Could it be a bad software update maybe?

I am getting pretty desperate! :-p

AppleTV 2, A1427

Posted on Jun 28, 2015 11:48 AM

5 replies

Nov 4, 2017 6:31 PM in response to Mobius80

Just bought some really nice HD quality movies, can't even watch them now.

This apple TV periodically loses connection to the internet and takes me forever to reconfigure. Plugging in Ethernet would be a fine, but apparently my Apple TV won't accept that any more and gives me error.

As a work around, I would love to simply just connect to my WiFi. However, this apple TV doesn't offer me the ability to connect to WiFi... even with the ethernet cable unplugged!

• I have tried factory resets many times, still no available.
  • My user ID's and passwords are intact correct. I am able to log into here and make forum posts. All my other connected devices (Laptops, iPads Cellphones etc...) are connected to my router/internet with no problems.

Please help!

Jun 30, 2015 11:35 AM in response to Mobius80

Hello Mobius80,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities.

If I understand correctly, there’s an Internet connectivity issue with your Apple TV. Take a look at the article linked below and try running through the troubleshooting suggestions that it provides.

Apple TV (2nd and 3rd generation): Troubleshooting Wi-Fi networks and connections - Apple Support

Take care,

-Jason

Jun 30, 2015 12:22 PM in response to Mobius80

The same thing is happening to me. A few days ago I unplugged my apple tv to connect it to the television downstairs, and ever since then, my apple tv will not connect to the network. It won't load the main menu (only "computers" and "settings") or allow me to connect to the itunes store.

I have restarted the apple tv numerous times and done a full restore. I've checked my date/time and location settings and made them correct on the apple tv. I've restarted my modem/router more than once. I called for apple support and the only other thing he could suggest was perhaps my ISP was blocking the necessary ports - seemed unlikely to me since I've been using apple tv fine for almost a year with this ISP, but I called my ISP and had them check - no issues there. My internet is working fine on all other devices so it is definitely not a network issue. I have a hard time believing it is a hardware issue with the apple tv since it was working fine before. So what is the problem??

I've been trying to fix this for days now and am ready to cry with frustration! Apple (or anyone) please help!!!

Apple tv (A1427) connects to the local network but cant access internet

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.