Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad Air crashes to Apple screen (hard reset) when using Safari

For the last week, every time I use Safari, my iPad Air crashes to the hard reset screen, randomly. Doesn't matter if there is one tab open or 4, within 10 minutes Safari crashes the iPad to a hard reset and back to the home screen. Sometimes when I go back into Safari after a crash the tab I was using will open to the website I had been using, but mostly the tab is reset to my favorites page. The iPad has crashed when I've used other apps, but not reliably. It always crashes when Safari is used, without fail.

Im going to be disappointed if one of the techs from Apple responds to this problem by telling me to do a hard reset on the iPad ... And then reset the device to factory settings and restore a backup. Seems that is the troubleshoot for every issue nowadays... Any chance Apple is going to fix these bugs in their iOS / programming instead of passing the burden on to the consumer who learns only after the fact of purchase that they now own an overpriced device that they will be responsible for debugging for the lifetime (2 years) of the device?

Ive ve had this device for less than a year.

iPad Air, iOS 8.3

Posted on Jun 28, 2015 5:05 PM

1 reply

Jun 30, 2015 12:58 PM in response to MissSsica

Greetings MissSsica,

I'm sorry to hear that you are having an issue with your iPad air ceasing to function when using the Safari application. I would suggest that you troubleshoot using the steps in this article -

If your iOS device restarts or displays the Apple logo unexpectedly - Apple Support

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Be well,

Brett L

iPad Air crashes to Apple screen (hard reset) when using Safari

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.