Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iWatch & wifi

iWatch keeps saying it is not connected to my wifi... So far I have not found a place on iWatch software that allows me to connect to wifi

Posted on Jun 28, 2015 2:28 PM

2 replies

Jun 30, 2015 12:24 PM in response to woolie

Hi, woolie.

Thank you for visiting Apple Support Communities.

I understand that your Apple Watch will not connect to W-Fi. Here is some information that you may find helpful with this issue.

Compatible Wi-Fi for Apple Watch

Your Apple Watch can connect to a Wi-Fi network:

• If your iPhone, while connected to your watch with Bluetooth, has connected to the network before
  • If the Wi-Fi network is 802.11b/g/n 2.4GHz

For example, Apple Watch won't connect:

• To 5GHz Wi-Fi, or public networks requiring logins, subscriptions, or profiles
  • If your paired iPhone has never connected to that network before

About Bluetooth and Wi-Fi on Apple Watch

If you need help with your connection

1. Move your Apple Watch and paired iPhone close together, to make sure they're in range.
  2. On your iPhone, swipe up to open Control Center.
  3. Make sure that Wi-Fi and Bluetooth are turned on.
  4. Restart your Apple Watch and iPhone.
  5. Unpair your devices. Then pair them again.

Cheers,

Jason H.

Jun 30, 2015 5:36 PM in response to jason269

Thank you Jason, the above is correct except for one detail. Even though my iPhone was connected to my wifi & bluetooth, the iWatch would not connect. I learned from a MacRumors forum that I had to reset my Apple Airport Extreme before the iWatch would connect. Once I followed that advice & reset the Airport my iWatch wifi started working and my problems went away.

iWatch & wifi

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.