Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problem with RAM (Late 2013 Mac Pro)

I recently buy four modules of 16gb each one (crucial CT16G3R186DM) and after his correct installation the bluetooth start desynchronizing and there are error with sound and video (at first it works but it starts shuttering after a little bit), the USB ports disconnect randomly.

If I change the modules to the original ones( 4gb x 4modules ) the bluetooth, sound, video and USB works fine so I think the problem is in the RAM.

I want to know if its a problem of the modules due to not being compatible or didn't work or its my Mac Pro problem.

MacPro6,1

6-Core Intel Xeon E5 3,5 GHz

Yosemite 10.10.3

Mac Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3), RAM

Posted on Jun 28, 2015 12:37 PM

2 replies

Jun 28, 2015 12:47 PM in response to Josma1961

Here's the information I have:

Maximum Memory128 GB (Actual) 64 GB (Apple)
Memory Slots4 - 240-pin PC3-14900 (1866 MHz) DDR3 ECC SDRAM

If all four don't work, then see if they work when you only use two modules at a time. Then try the other two. If they all work but only as one pair, then they are not compatible when all four are installed. Contact Crucial about it and have then send you four matched modules to replace the four you now have.

Problem with RAM (Late 2013 Mac Pro)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.