Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMessage not delivering text messages

Hello,

I have an MacBook Pro and recently my iMessage stopped sending text messages to some of my contacts who don't have iPhones. Previously, it used to work such that I was able to send text messages via my MacBook on iMessage.

Any suggestions on how to fix this problem? Thanks.

Posted on Jun 28, 2015 12:54 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 30, 2015 11:44 AM

Hi mladha,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

Being able to text from Messages on your Mac is a great feature and I can understand wanting the functionality if it is no longer working. To troubleshoot this situation, I would recommend reading over the steps in the attached article to ensure that the service is set up correctly. Please let me know if it is and you are still unable to send regular text messages.

Connect your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and Mac using Continuity - Apple Support

To use Continuity for SMS and MMS with your iPhone and your Mac, iPad or iPod touch

• Your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch need to use iOS 8.1, and your Mac needs to use OS X Yosemite.
  • Sign in to iMessage on your iPhone, your other iOS devices, and your Mac using the same Apple ID.
  • On your iPhone:
    1. Go to Settings > Messages > Send & Receive > You Can Be Reached By, and add a check to both your phone number and email address.
    2. Go to Messages > Text Message Forwarding, and enable the device(s) you would like to forward messages to.
  • Your Mac, iPad, or iPod touch will display a code. Enter this code on your iPhone to verify the SMS feature.

Best regards,

Joe

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 30, 2015 11:44 AM in response to mladha

Hi mladha,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

Being able to text from Messages on your Mac is a great feature and I can understand wanting the functionality if it is no longer working. To troubleshoot this situation, I would recommend reading over the steps in the attached article to ensure that the service is set up correctly. Please let me know if it is and you are still unable to send regular text messages.

Connect your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and Mac using Continuity - Apple Support

To use Continuity for SMS and MMS with your iPhone and your Mac, iPad or iPod touch

• Your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch need to use iOS 8.1, and your Mac needs to use OS X Yosemite.
  • Sign in to iMessage on your iPhone, your other iOS devices, and your Mac using the same Apple ID.
  • On your iPhone:
    1. Go to Settings > Messages > Send & Receive > You Can Be Reached By, and add a check to both your phone number and email address.
    2. Go to Messages > Text Message Forwarding, and enable the device(s) you would like to forward messages to.
  • Your Mac, iPad, or iPod touch will display a code. Enter this code on your iPhone to verify the SMS feature.

Best regards,

Joe

iMessage not delivering text messages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.