Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cutting and pasting within a single track

As you may know from my other posts, I'm a newbie to Logic Pro. I am using Login Pro X. I have a project with two tracks: one guitar and one vocals. The each track was records in one take. So as I understanding, the tack is on "region"?

I thought I did a real good job, but while I was mixing, I blew bars/measure 44 and 45 in the guitar track. Lucky for me, it is the exact same riff as measures 42 and 43. So what I would like to do is to replace measure 44-45 with a copy of 42-43.

After much manual reading, googlinh, and youtube wtaching, I think this is what I have to do:

1. Since track 1 is one region, I need to split is up into 4 regions: 1-41, 42-43, 44-45, 46-end

2. Delete region 3 (44-45)

3. Copy region 2 (42-43)

4. Cycle it (Command-R) or move the playback head to bar 44 and paste.

First of all, is this correct? I seems like there should be a better / easier / faster way to do this?

I think I can do this in what used to be called the Wave Editor, but not sure if it will "snap" to the start of the measure correctly.

Thanks,

Kory

Mac Pro

Posted on Jun 28, 2015 2:30 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 29, 2015 10:32 AM

OK, first, you'll hit the T key and select the Scissors Tool to cut out the good part you want to use again, and the bad part.

When done cutting, hit the T key twice to get back to your normal arrow tool, so you don't mess up anything accidentally.

Delete the bad part.

Hold the Option key while dragging the good part to where it needs to replace the good part.

Done.

Now, be sure to press Option before clicking the mouse, and don't let it up until after you let off the mouse button, or it will only move, not copy and move. Option-drag is an OS X universal tool to make a copy of something and move that copy somewhere else. Even works when dragging files between Finder locations on the same hard drive.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 29, 2015 10:32 AM in response to KoryH

OK, first, you'll hit the T key and select the Scissors Tool to cut out the good part you want to use again, and the bad part.

When done cutting, hit the T key twice to get back to your normal arrow tool, so you don't mess up anything accidentally.

Delete the bad part.

Hold the Option key while dragging the good part to where it needs to replace the good part.

Done.

Now, be sure to press Option before clicking the mouse, and don't let it up until after you let off the mouse button, or it will only move, not copy and move. Option-drag is an OS X universal tool to make a copy of something and move that copy somewhere else. Even works when dragging files between Finder locations on the same hard drive.

Cutting and pasting within a single track

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.