Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I change primary email for Apple ID to another verified email under my icloud account?

Can I change primary email for Apple ID to another verified email under my icloud account? More specifically, will I have to turn off iCloud and go through that headache in order to do it? The Primary email associated with my Apple ID is a very old gmail account that I don't check, use, or even want anymore. I now use my icloud and a newer gmail address. They are both verified under my iCloud account but I can't figure out how to switch primary address. Thanks in advance for any comments and/or responses!

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Mid 2014), iOS 8.3, (& iPhone 6)

Posted on Jun 28, 2015 3:29 PM

2 replies

Jun 28, 2015 4:35 PM in response to HeatherLee333

See the following. Note that step 1 is to sign out of iCloud, iTunes, etc, etc, on each device. Change your Apple ID - Apple Support

Edit:

And I'm not sure that I am understanding your post. My original interpretation was that you aren't already using the second email as an Apple ID -- but rereading it and your use of the words "my iCloud account" has me second guessing.

Can I change primary email for Apple ID to another verified email under my icloud account?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.