Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Wireless keyboard types incorrectly...

Had a power failure and after the rebooting my iMac the Apple Bluetooth keyboard is now typing characters that I am not typing. Example. "Now is the time" shows up as "Nodw is thf timq". Happens in all apps. Paired the keyboard with my Apple Laptop and it typed perfectly. So back to the iMac. If I log in remotely from a different device using TeamViewer QS it types perfectly. I'm thinking a corrupted driver? Bluetooth mouse works fine.

Ran maintenance routines with the Disk Utility, all fine. Google searched and deleted some "apple.com.HIT.plist files at the suggested by others, didn't help. Downloaded OnyX and cleared most all of the Cache files, still the same problem. My only thought left is to do a clean install of the OS.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!!!

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.5), 2.5 GHz Intel i5

Posted on Jun 28, 2015 4:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 28, 2015 7:59 PM

In answer, I would reinstall OS X (based on your posted information). Hopefully you are running something later than10.7.5.

As an aside, clearing cache (with Onyx or anything else) is, IMHO, a bad idea. The system will almost assuredly run slower for awhile and "fixing things " thst way is problematic.

Barry

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 28, 2015 7:59 PM in response to SBConsultants

In answer, I would reinstall OS X (based on your posted information). Hopefully you are running something later than10.7.5.

As an aside, clearing cache (with Onyx or anything else) is, IMHO, a bad idea. The system will almost assuredly run slower for awhile and "fixing things " thst way is problematic.

Barry

Jun 29, 2015 12:54 AM in response to Barry Hemphill

Thanks Barry,

Actually it's a friends Mac and unfortunately they are running 10.7.5. Good opportunity to upgrade the OS... only 4GB's of RAM though. Don't see them laying out the cash for increasing that.

Agree with you on clearing the cache, it was an act of desperation on my part. If we do the OS I'll defiantly post an update.

Again thanks for the quick response. 🙂

Apple Wireless keyboard types incorrectly...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.