Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I convert my iTunes (12) lossless files to .mp3 and retain the folder/albums structure?

I have hundreds of albums and around 8,000 songs in iTunes 12, all ripped losslessly, and organised in albums. How do I convert them to MP3 AND retain the album structure. I need to copy them via a SD card to my vehicle's hard drive (Skoda Columbus). I am running Windows 8.1.

itunes-OTHER, Windows 7, .nrg files

Posted on Jun 28, 2015 3:22 PM

5 replies

Jun 28, 2015 4:52 PM in response to brisbanebob

Define a new media folder, e.g. <Current Media Folder>\Lossy, don't consolidate when prompted, set up your import settings for mp3 and chosen bit rate, make a playlist for the content you want on the SD card (consider that it might not be big enough for everything even in a lossy format), select the tracks in your playlist, right-click, click Create MP3 version. Wait.... When the conversions are complete copy the contents of <Lossy>\Music to the SD card. Reset the media folder to the previous path, delete the newly added converted files from your library to clean up the duplicates.

tt2

Jun 29, 2015 2:45 PM in response to brisbanebob

You're welcome. 🙂

If you'll forgive the pun I am at a loss as to why iTunes would have created a flat folder structure. Those files should have gone into a <Lossy>/<Artist>/<Album>/## <Name>.<Ext> layout. Check that your account has full permissions to the folder you created so that iTunes can create subfolders as it needs to. As long as the <Lossy> folder is the selected media folder and it does not contain your original media folder (but it can be inside that folder where I suggested) then you should be able to turn keep organized off and then back on again to reorganize the content inside this folder.

tt2

How do I convert my iTunes (12) lossless files to .mp3 and retain the folder/albums structure?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.