Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook loosing charge in standby

My MacBook is loosing charge in standby, quickly. I estimate it looses around 0.5-1% per hour in standby. With my previous MacBook Air, it would essentially loose no charge during standby. And according to the specs, they both should have 30 days standby. I checked the logs in the console, and it doesn't seem (but I'm no expert) it's doing anything during sleep. The console did not have any entries for several hours while asleep, so I assume it's really asleep. Do others have this problem? What can I do?

I think Apple revolutionized notebooks by not consuming battery during standby; this really makes a difference in how you use a notebook. So, this is a big step back if there is no solution.

Posted on Jun 28, 2015 4:56 PM

4 replies

Jun 28, 2015 6:40 PM in response to ahostmadsen

One thing you might check is Apple menu > System Preferences > Energy Saver > Battery (at top of window) and see that there is no check mark in front of "Enable Power Nap while on battery power." I don't know how much battery consumption would occur if that was on (with a check mark) but might be worth turning off if it isn't already off.

MacBook loosing charge in standby

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.