Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ghost touch iPhone 6

I'm having problems with my iPhone 6. Ghost touch and making random phone calls. Does anyone have any idea of a fix ?I have tried resetting it but it still does it frequently.

iPhone 6, iOS 8.3

Posted on Jun 28, 2015 4:44 PM

15 replies

Jun 21, 2017 6:07 PM in response to Detoole1

I have had my 6 for 2 years and now it is hopeless. Re-installed twice. Removed 2 screen covers (that cost me money). Phone works for a week or so, then craps out and starts ghosting, sends crazy texts and gobbledygook. Wont repsond to touch screen so have to do a restart.

I have found Apple support to be progressively more "couldn't care less" over the last couple of years. For a unit that only costs them about $50 to make, you would think they would just offer a replacement. But Oh No.. They dive into terms and conditions and make it somehow, your fault.

if anyone from Apple reads this, I am in country Victoria Australia. Maybe someone can take ownership of this.

my phone is ALWAYS meticulously cared for and NEBER dropped or scratched.

Dec 14, 2015 6:40 PM in response to Detoole1

I started having ghost touch issues a few weeks ago with iOS 9.1. When 9.2 came out I thought that would fix it, no. I went to a Genius Bar and they did diagnostics on the screen and brought it in the back to look at the logic board. Said everything looked fine and of course I couldn't recreate the issue in that moment. So I did a clean restore without using the backup. It all looked good and I went through all the pains of redownloading apps, music, photos, etc., but now a couple days later the issue is back full force. It becomes downright unusable at times. I'm about 20 months into this one, so no warranty and the upgrade deal offered w att is a joke. I'd get a new one but have little faith the issue won't reoccur.

Apr 23, 2016 2:05 AM in response to Detoole1

Maybe you can try:

1. Remove the screen protector

2. Clean Install with DFU Mode

Entering DFU Mode on iPhone, iPad or iPod touch

1. Plug your device into your computer with a USB cable.
  2. Turn off the device.
  3. Hold the Power button for 3 seconds.
  4. Hold the Home and Power buttons for 10 seconds.
  5. Release the Power button but keep holding the Home button.
  6. After about 15 seconds you will be alerted by iTunes saying that it has detected a device in Recovery Mode.

https://www.theiphonewiki.com/wiki/DFU_Mode

3. Start as New iPhone (don't restoring any backups)

The Latest IPSW for iPhone 6 (iPhone 7,2)

iOS 9.3.1 (13E238)

http://appldnld.apple.com/iOS9.3.1/031-54837-20160331-099C4C5E-F5E6-11E5-8614-1C CB2D794EB1/iPhone7,2_9.3.1_13E238_Restor…

Apr 25, 2016 10:07 AM in response to ALAGOJEFF

If you want to try to clean your iPhone screen, you can try these steps to clean and check your screen:

Check your touchscreen

Make sure that your hands are clean and dry, then try these steps:

1. If you have a case or screen protector on your device, try removing it.
  2. Clean the screen with a soft, slightly damp, lint-free cloth.
  3. Unplug your device.
  4. Restart your device. If you can't restart it, you can force restart your device.

My Additional Suggestions:

Before you restart the device, don't forget to close all of application (from Multitasking) and reducing the brightness

If the screen on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch doesn't respond to touch - Apple Support

Steps to clean your iPhone:

iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus

Clean iPhone immediately if it comes into contact with contaminants that might cause stains, such as ink, dyes, makeup, dirt, food, oils, and lotions. To clean iPhone, unplug all cables and turn it off. Use a soft, slightly damp, lint-free cloth. Avoid getting moisture in openings. Don't use window cleaners, household cleaners, compressed air, aerosol sprays, solvents, ammonia, or abrasives to clean iPhone. The front glass surfaces have an oleophobic coating. To remove fingerprints, wipe these surfaces with a soft, lint-free cloth. The ability of this coating to repel oil will diminish over time with normal use, and rubbing the screen with an abrasive material will further diminish its effect and might scratch the glass.

To clean the Home button (allowing Touch ID to work optimally), wipe it with a soft lint-free cloth.

Cleaning your Apple products - Apple Support

If you are sure that you need screen repairment or replacement, you can check here:

https://www.apple.com/support/iphone/repair/screen-damage/

or

iPhone Service Answer Center - Apple Support

If you want to check your Apple warranty:

https://checkcoverage.apple.com/

If you still have warranty, locate Apple Retail Stores and Apple Authorized Resellers near you:

https://locate.apple.com/

Nov 9, 2016 12:10 PM in response to Detoole1

I have the same issue with my Iphone 6+ I restored my phone twice, took it to the apple store and they are asking to replace my phone with a same one for $330 which comes with a 90day warranty. If the new phone starts acting up I have to pay another $330 to replace that one....This is wrong, if Apple is aware of defect in their product it should be their responsibility to fix it or replace it. Apple is known for their quality and it is going down. I would not buy Apple again, if I pay $800 for a phone I expect it to work for at least few years. Very disappointed with Apple service on this issue.

Ghost touch iPhone 6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.