Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV do not recognize my apple Id

I have read many responses about this but my apple tv only has two iconos Computers and Settings who can really help me? I tried reset, change location, but still do not accept my Id.

accesing iTunes store and then location there is nothing to click, it is empty..............

Posted on Jun 28, 2015 4:24 PM

7 replies

Jun 29, 2015 7:00 AM in response to goniadriana

I have the exact same issue. I does not recognize my apple id.
I bought it a few days ago, tried to install it but when it comes to set date and time it just won't go any further.

So I tried to manually set it and the network works fine. I did some research and I think it tries to connect to an

apple server to set date and time. But for that to work I need to change open up a port in my router.
And I can't do that, logged in to my router but can't find anywhere to open up ports.

Don't know if that is the issue as mentioned above but I hope someone will know what to do.

Best regards
Daniel

Jun 29, 2015 7:52 AM in response to 1c3m4n

Actually the problems lies with that the ATV does not fint the NTP server that sets the Time and Date . If the ATV does not connect to the NTP server i will not display any other icons than Computers and Settings . A quick fix is to set up an shard wifi from your phone over 3G/4G and connect the ATV to your phone and reboot the ATV and let it set time/date . Afther that reconnect to the usual wifi or ethernet and everything will be fine until next time 🙂

Apple TV do not recognize my apple Id

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.