Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I upgraded the OS on my iMac with Yosemite and now I cannot open iPhoto. I tried to upgrade my iPhoto (recommended) and was told that that upgrade was not available in the US??!! What should I do? What have others done?

I upgraded the OS on my iMac with Yosemite and now I cannot open iPhoto. I tried to upgrade my iPhoto (recommended) and was told that that upgrade was not available in the US??!! What should I do? What have others done? Thank you for all help.

Posted on Jun 28, 2015 10:14 PM

6 replies

Jun 28, 2015 10:18 PM in response to kathleenfromscotia

Welcome to Apple Support Communities

With the OS X 10.10.3 release, Apple replaced iPhoto with Photos, an app included in OS X. Anyway, OS X Yosemite still supports recent iPhoto versions, so it looks like you were running an old iPhoto version that you cannot open anymore.

Unfortunately, Apple does not provide any iPhoto update through the Mac App Store, so you need to upgrade to Photos. To do so, just open Photos from the Dock and follow the steps. See -> Get started with Photos for OS X - Apple Support

If you were running a very old iPhoto version, you may need to run the iPhoto Library Upgrader first.

If you want to stay with iPhoto, follow the steps that Niel provides.

I upgraded the OS on my iMac with Yosemite and now I cannot open iPhoto. I tried to upgrade my iPhoto (recommended) and was told that that upgrade was not available in the US??!! What should I do? What have others done?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.