Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I find out what's wrong with my logic board in model a1466

Hi,

My MacBook Air that was purchased in 2013 just stopped working one day. It's only two years old and I've never misused/overused it or spilt anything on it. I took it to the Apple Store and they they told me there was a problem with the logic board which would have costed me $600 to replace. I would replace it myself but a new logic board doesn't cost much less than what the Apple Store is charging me and I can't afford to spend more than $100 on repairs.

Does anyone know if there is a way to find out what's wrong with the logic board and repair it without getting a new one?

I've read about some simple fixes like cleaning it with alcohol or baking it for 7 mins but I'm not sure if these work for post 2010 models.

MacBook Air, iOS 8.1.3

Posted on Jun 28, 2015 9:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 29, 2015 4:12 PM

... I'm not sure if these work for post 2010 models.

I seriously doubt they will work for pre 2010 models either.

Your quest for a < $100 repair will be futile, but ask the Apple Store if your MBA is eligible for a "depot repair". Use that exact terminology. Only they will be able to answer that question. If the first Genius never heard of it ask another one. Good luck.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 29, 2015 4:12 PM in response to tganya

... I'm not sure if these work for post 2010 models.

I seriously doubt they will work for pre 2010 models either.

Your quest for a < $100 repair will be futile, but ask the Apple Store if your MBA is eligible for a "depot repair". Use that exact terminology. Only they will be able to answer that question. If the first Genius never heard of it ask another one. Good luck.

How can I find out what's wrong with my logic board in model a1466

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.