Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMessage not working

Hi All,

I've been using iMessage on my MacBook pro for a while now, and it has been working very well. Suddenly though, it's stopped working. It won't send messages. I've read all the posts on this topic, and tried all the troubleshooting tips, but it still is not working. FaceTime works though.

I checked my updates today, and both my iPhone and MacBook are up to date and meet iMessage system requirements.

Thank you for your time.

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Late 2012), OS X 10.10.3

Posted on Jun 28, 2015 8:02 PM

4 replies

Jun 29, 2015 10:03 AM in response to tapH2O

I just noticed that when I went into iMessage preferences I had to log into my account. Once I did that, everything seemed to sync up and work fine. Just sent a message and it went through with out issue and as a "blue" imessage, not a "green" SMS.

Not sure what caused it to log out, but seemed to solve my issue.

Jun 29, 2015 3:30 PM in response to Linc Davis

Hi Linc,

Thanks for your reply. I actually ended up contacting Apple via support chat, and received really good customer service, that solved my problem!

We figured out that iMessages was sending to iPhones, but not other phones. After logging in and out of iMessages on both my Mac and iPhone, it still wasn't working. We then looked at the settings on my iPhone. Doing the below, fixed the problem, and I was so relieved!

on my iPhone:

settings > messages > text message forwarding> turn on 'Rebecca'a MacBook Pro'

Then, it was working and I can once again send and receive text messages from iMessages on my Mac. I'm not sure how this button ended up off, but it's all fixed now.

Many Thanks,
Rebecca

iMessage not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.