Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there any other audio driver for Windows 8.1 Boot Camp than Cirrus Logic CS4208 (AB 93)?

I have a 13-inch Macbook Pro Retina and I have installed Windows 8.1 Pro with Boot Camp on it. The audio driver's name is Cirrus Logic CS4208 (AB 93). There isn't a problem with playing normal sounds, but I am using a program named UTAU in which .wav samples are rendered and played using "resampler.exe". When I render the samples, the black box showing the rendering process pops up and everything is normal, but the thing is, once it's finished rendering, no sound is produced when I play it. When samples are rendered, the program creates a cache of rendered files. If I check the option that stops the resampler from creating this cache ("No batch file created while rendering"), then sound will be produced. But without those batch files, the sound comes out extremely distorted and the resampler is buggy.

I have tried installing Realtek, but it didn't work. So if anybody knows an alternative driver I can use other than Cirrus Logic, or if they know how to fix the problem with other methods, please help me!

Thank you,

Rene

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3), Boot Camp Windows 8.1 Pro

Posted on Jun 28, 2015 8:54 PM

2 replies

Jun 29, 2015 4:36 AM in response to animefan4eva

The issue seems to be UTAU not the Cirrus driver. You should contact the developer(s) for certification on W8.+.

From http://utau.wikia.com/wiki/UTAU_User_Manual_-_1

WindowsXP Professional SP2, Pentium4 2.66GHz 1GB RAM

Supported OS: Windows2000, WindowsXP, WindowsVista

Note: For the moment being UTAU seems to be working in Windows7 (64bit version), but as its execution has not been tested, please use it at your own risk. (Windows7 (64bit version) users have reported it to work in the UTAU exchange board -> http://utau2008.bbs.fc2.com/?act=reply&tid=3819714)

Is there any other audio driver for Windows 8.1 Boot Camp than Cirrus Logic CS4208 (AB 93)?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.