Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Pro Retina 13" (2015) low trackpad sensitivity.

I recently bought the early 2015 rMBP 13" and it's about a week old, even though I am impressed by the force touch and haptic feedback technology I am more of a "tap to click" guy. I am noticing that the tap sensitivity is way less, even less than the 2013 rMBP that I used to own. At this point it's very unreliable on both native and third party apps and overall. Most of the time one tap doesn't seem to do anything resulting me in tapping atleast one more time or even more. There isn't any tap sensitivity setting that I am aware of in Yosemite using which the sensitivity can be controlled but I never faced this issue with my previous macbook (which also had Yosemite). Clicking works always, but I am more used to tapping on the trackpad than actually physically clicking it.

I am not sure if anyone else has faced this issue or if this is the "new" way it is supposed to work, but I am looking for some help.

Thanks

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3), Early 2015 13"

Posted on Jun 28, 2015 9:50 PM

1 reply

Jun 30, 2015 2:38 PM in response to annjawn

Hi annjawn,

I'm sorry to hear you are having these issues with your new MacBook Pro. If you are having issues with tap sensitivity, even if your click sensitivity seems fine, you may want to try playing around with the "Click pressure" setting to see if it may improve the tap behavior. You may find the following article helpful:

Change trackpad settings

To adjust the pressure you need to click your trackpad, follow these steps.

1. From the Apple () menu, choose System Preferences.
  2. Click Trackpad.
  3. Click the "Point & Click" tab.
  4. Find "Click pressure" and adjust the slider to your preference. Note that the sound of the click changes with the click pressure setting.

To turn off Force click, deselect the “Force Click and haptic feedback” checkbox. This will disable the functionality described in the Trackpad preferences pane.

A few of the examples of what you can do with a Force click only work if "Force click with one finger" is active. You enable or disable this in the "Point & Click" tab under "Look up & data detectors."

Using a Force Touch trackpad - Apple Support

Regards,

- Brenden

Macbook Pro Retina 13" (2015) low trackpad sensitivity.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.