Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't manually select/click on podcasts

When I try to manually add/remove podcasts from ANY apple device by clicking the check-box next to them, it does not work. The box next to the item above it instead is checked. If there is no item above it, nothing is checked. Clicking on a checked box also does not remove the check. iTunes podcasting has been unusable to me for over a year. I keep trying again when I have the patience built up. I have tried...

1. Searching the apple forums and internet for a solution. No solutions, but lots of other people with same problem.

2. Completely uninstalled iTunes (followed Apple's guide line by line), then reinstalled latest version. Same problem.

3. Removed all podcasts and re-subscribed. Same problem, plus now somehow I have multiple instances of each podcast. One for each Podcast updates automatically, even though I still cannot manually select episodes, but the other has nothing in it and won't let me delete the podcast from the list.

At my wits end. I WANT to use iTunes for podcasts, but it there is no way to fix this problem, I will have to find other software for my podcast listening.

Windows 7 64-bit laptop.

iTunes 12.1.2.27

iPhone 5

iPad 3

One last note, wiping/re-imaging/re-installing Windows OS is NOT an acceptable response. I work in IT and while I understand it is the simplest thing to tell someone, it is the laziest answer, as it does not in any way deal with the problem.

Appreciate any input that may help me resolve this iTunes podcast issue.

Brian

null-OTHER, Windows 7, iTunes 12.1.2.27

Posted on Jun 28, 2015 11:38 PM

2 replies

Jun 29, 2015 7:11 AM in response to DecoyB

If the wrong box is getting ticked that suggests some kind of scaling error between the visual display and active hotspots that should overlay it. If you have any options to use non-standard DPI settings or different fonts you could try changing those. You could also try the "for older video cards" version of 64-bit iTunes in case it behaves differently.

For general advice see Troubleshooting issues with iTunes for Windows updates.

The steps in the second box are a guide to removing everything related to iTunes and then rebuilding it which is often a good starting point unless the symptoms indicate a more specific approach. Review the other boxes and the list of support documents further down the page in case one of them applies.

The further information area has direct links to the current and recent builds in case you have problems downloading, need to revert to an older version or want to try theiTunes for Windows (64-bit - for older video cards) release as a workaround for installation or performance issues, or compatibility with QuickTime or third party software.

Your library should be unaffected by these steps but there are also links to backup and recovery advice should it be needed.

tt2

Jun 29, 2015 7:49 AM in response to turingtest2

Very interesting turingtest2, I appreciate your input. Had not considered the role the display might play in this. However, I have now confirmed that this only occurs with podcasts. The click boxes work perfectly for music, books and everything else in iTunes.

The steps you noted for removing everything and reinstalling iTunes are the ones I followed to uninstall/reinstall. It came back with the same problem. I can consider using a much older version of iTunes later - I don't have that kind of free time right now.

Can't manually select/click on podcasts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.