Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPod Nano 6th Gen. Music Play Problem

I have manually loaded about 5 gigs of tunes from iTunes, have NOT used Sync to load music.

Loaded songs are a mix of purchase and my rips from my CDs.

iTunes sees all songs I loaded, and can play them from iTunes on my desktop computer.

The Music App on Nano 6th Gen. does not see any music loaded onto the Nano. None at all. Also, Settings sees zero songs loaded.

How to fix?

iPod nano, iOS 1.x, Nano 6 gen. Software Version 1.2

Posted on Jun 28, 2015 11:07 PM

4 replies

Jun 30, 2015 2:56 PM in response to 9R

Greetings 9R,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

It sounds like you are trying to manually manage what content is moved from iTunes to your iPod, but none of the music is actually on the iPod as you would expect. If this is the case, please read over the attached article that discusses manually managing content to make sure it it set up correctly and working as expected. If the issue continues, please let me know.

Manage content manually on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod - Apple Support

Cheers,

Joe

Jun 30, 2015 9:46 PM in response to AppleJoe

Joe: Thanks for the response. I have no problem manually loading my music to the iPad 6th G. I have a iPad 3rd G. + iPhone 5S + iPod 5th G. and manage my music manually on all.

The iPad 6th G. showed the space as used, but the Music App could not see any tunes. Radio and Memo works fine. I did a reboot numerous times on the iPad. iTunes on my desktop could see all the music loaded on the iPad, and play the loaded tunes on the iPad.

After posting this message in Discussions, I decided to reboot everything again, iPad and Desktop simultaneously. No change. Then I went to Settings on the iPad, and turned on Playlists, Albums, Songs, Genres, and Artists. That worked. Now the iPad 6th Gen. sees all the music as loaded, and plays all. I do not know what the problem was, with just Music app turned on in Settings, the iPad could not see the music.

So everything nominal now.

Thanks again for your response.

iPod Nano 6th Gen. Music Play Problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.