Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Tempo change mid song (patch)

Hello,

I'm currently using Mainstage 3 live with some backing tracks. I have the metronome routed to our drummer. Each song is set up on it's own patch.

For one of our songs the tempo changes twice. The backing track is pre-recorded and has the tempo changes in there already. I'm wondering if there is a way to set up a tempo change on the single patch? So the metronome will change in the drummer's ears. Ideally I would like it to be automated to change at the particular times.

Thanks

Posted on Jun 28, 2015 10:07 PM

4 replies

Jul 12, 2015 1:44 AM in response to cerebralvision

Hi

cerebralvision wrote:

Basically you assign tempo values to buttons. Let me know if it works for ya. See link:

Sure, this will allow you to change the tempo with screen controls, but the OP needs the tempo changes to be in sync with the Backing Tracks, and ideally automated. Your method is unlikely to be helpful in a live 'play to the click' situation.

I would recommend simply using a pre-recorded click track in an instance of Playback

CCT

Jul 12, 2015 4:02 AM in response to CCTM

You're absolutely right. If you're running backing tracks, click track should definitely be pre-recorded. My method is more meant for if you're not having tempo changes mid-song, but per song. The way I use it is the click is controlled by the drummer, so I know the click for each song, and I just switch it to that to be in time.

I guess the other way you can do it is to have MainStage get its tempo changes from an external midi clock. If you're using, lets say ableton for your tracks, I think you can sync the midi clock to MainStage.

Tempo change mid song (patch)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.