Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I remove synced movies from iTunes summary?

I have a list of old movies once synced to my iPhone which continues to show in iTunes Summary despite the original content having been long since deleted from my Mac. If I click the Sync Movies box and run Sync, it copies the movies from somewhere (I know not where) and puts them back on my phone. How do I permanently remove the links to these old movies from iTunes?

iMac, Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on Jun 29, 2015 6:48 AM

17 replies

Apr 9, 2017 12:31 PM in response to darryld1

Hi guys, sorry to bump this back up again.

I've been trying to delete some old Southpark's that I once had on my iPad Air 2. I managed to delete them off the iPad, however, even having followed Darryl's great guide above, I can't seem to delete them.

I connected my iPad to iTunes on my Mac. When I do this I can see all the Southpark episodes, which are unchecked meaning they are no longer on my iPad. But when I go into the drop-down menu mentioned above (under the rewind, forward, play buttons) I can't see any of the SP episodes. I can see the latest films I transferred to the iPad but just can see the SP episodes!

What am I doing wrong?

PS I've also just realised I'm unable to see app in the list on iTunes in order for me to drag and drop them to my iPad. Just to confirm, I'm using the same Apple ID as I do for my iPhone and the only one I've ever used.

Apr 10, 2017 8:35 AM in response to turingtest2

Hi TT2, thanks for your reply.

I see the episodes listed when I select the iPad icon / click Movies in the left column. And it's where I choose what things I want syncing with my iPad.

The thing is, there is no option anywhere for me to be able to delete these episodes. I think the reason for this is they're under the "Home Videos" heading, which isn't available on my iTunes (even though I have the latest version of it).

If I search the titles in the Search bar (top right corner) then they are listed and I can delete them from there. But I'd like to know what I need to do for me to be able to see the "Home Movies" tab along with the others - Movies, music etc, which I can see.

Jun 29, 2015 1:26 PM in response to bsfskhfas-hs__

iTunes normally categorizes video files as media kind Movies, Home Videos, TV Shows, Music Videos, Podcasts, or iTunes U. Depending on the settings/device I think the first two might end up on the device's Movies sync page although I cannot check right now. When you say you don't use iCloud does that mean that if you go into iTunes > Preferences > Store you have Show iTunes in the Cloud purchases turned off? If not turn it off now and see if that has any impact. On your device you would also want to go into Settings > iTunes & App Store and turn off Show All Music & Videos.

If you're still seeing items that shouldn't be there then I can only assume some kind of library corruption is at play. Perhaps you can restore an older backup from the previous iTunes Libraries folder and then bring that up to date with the contents of the media folder.

tt2

Feb 23, 2016 1:18 AM in response to bsfskhfas-hs__

I had the same issue. You cannot delete them from the Summary page. It does not allow you.
In iTunes app on Mac, or PC, select the Films icon near the top left. It looks like a small film strip.
Then you may need to select the type of films you added. I had added Home Movies.
You can then delete them from this page & they will be removed from the Summary page.
I hope this helps.

Dec 19, 2016 6:03 AM in response to bsfskhfas-hs__

Connect your device (iPhone/iPad) to your desktop/Laptop via a USB cable or Wi-Fi!

1. Open the iTunes app. on your Desktop Mac/Laptop Mac. (this process cannot be done from either your iPhone or iPad)

2. Look at the drop-down menu which can be found underneath the Rewind,Play,Forward controls. Beside 'Music','Films','Apps' etc in this menu, you will see a tiny ^up-down\/ arrow. The menu will have 'Music', 'Films', 'Apps' etc in the list. Use the arrows to select 'Films'. (Note:If the drop-down menu does not have 'Films' in the list, use 'Edit Menu' below the list to add it to the list, by ticking the box next to 'Films', then select 'Films' from the drop-down menu.)

3. You should now see in the main window to the right of the lists on the left, either icons representing the films you have or a list of them.

4. Select the film(s) you wish to delete by clicking only once on the icon/name on list. You should now see a highlighted (on my mac it's blue) ring around the icon you have selected.

5. On your keyboard, press the 'Delete' button once. (You may be asked to confirm the deletion. If so, accept/agree/delete.) Ensure that the film(s) you want removed from your device has been deleted from the main iTunes window on your desktop/laptop.

6. Make sure that your iPhone/iPad is connected to your desktop/laptop either by a fixed USB lead or via Wi-Fi by looking for it's little rectangular icon to the right of the drop-down menu mentioned above.

7. Sync your device and afterwards check the contents both on it's own iTunes and in your iTunes App on your Desktop/Laptop.

8. That should do it. I'm just some guy so please don't send me death threats if this doesn't work. If it does work, go out and do something nice for somebody.

How do I remove synced movies from iTunes summary?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.