Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

mount CIFS with nobrl option ?

Hello,

First of all, sorry if there is already an answer for this, I searched but did not find one.

I need to access to a shared folder (SMB/CIFS protocol) from my macbook. No problem for mounting the remote folder using Finder nor Terminal. BUT the problem is : I absolutely need to mount this remote folder with the nobrl option.

I tried the following :

mount -t smbfs //guest@192.168.0.136/mysharedfolder /tmp/foo --> works fine.. but does not fit my needs, I need the nobrl option

mount -t smbfs -o nobrl //guest@192.168.0.136/mysharedfolder /tmp/foo --> KO : mount_smbfs: -o brl: option not supported

mount -t cifs //guest@192.168.0.136/mysharedfolder /tmp/foo --> KO, it does make sense because there is no /sbin/mount_cifs

Can someone help me ? Maybe there is another syntax for mounting cifs or maybe there is some platform specific implementation of nobrl option ?

Thanks in advance for all

iMac (27-inch Mid 2010), OS X Yosemite (10.10.3), null

Posted on Jun 29, 2015 5:41 AM

1 reply

mount CIFS with nobrl option ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.