Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Passcode assist please?

Hi,

I need urgent assistance please.

I have forgotten my passcode and can't access my iPhone 6+ (iOS 8.3). I have been travelling and this happened whilst travelling and I couldn't use my iPhone. I've now managed to get back and when I connect to my iMac it tells me I need to enter passcode to backup and my iPhone wants me to restore.

Is there any way I can backup my information before I restore I cannot loose over a months information?

Secondly, Can one reset your passcode on iCloud maybe? I really appreciate the hefty security but I don't need to protect my information from myself

Many thanks

Posted on Jun 29, 2015 4:56 AM

5 replies

Jun 29, 2015 6:06 AM in response to AppleFreakBoi

Only this

I assume you read this section

iTunes

If you've synced your device with iTunes, you can restore your device.

1. Connect the device to the computer you normally sync with.
  2. Open iTunes. If iTunes asks you to enter your passcode or asks you to allow access, try another computer that you've synced with. Or use recovery mode. (Click the link to be taken to the steps.)
  3. iTunes will automatically sync your device and create a backup. If it doesn't, sync the device with iTunes.
  4. After the sync is complete, restore your device.User uploaded file

Passcode assist please?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.