Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Profilemanager: registering new device failed

Hi everybody,

after an update from OS X mav with OS X Server 3 to yosemite with OS X Server 4 i can't sign up/register any devices anymore to Apple Profilemanager.

I don't get any error messages, rather on the iOS device nor on the Server it self.

I already tried to renew the necessary certificates => didn't solve it and clear the postgresql table of the profile manager from doublets or blankets.

The error exists after migrating to yosemite and server 4 so i think there might be a problem with the migration of the settings/database.

Is there any way to clean/repair profile manager or its database without losing the data (devices, vpp-apps, and so on) ?

Thanks for your replies.

OS X Server

Posted on Jun 29, 2015 5:04 AM

1 reply

Jun 30, 2015 6:40 AM in response to TorstenD

It seems that just the installation of the management profile fails.

The manual installation of other profiles like the trust-profile works, if i try to install it via mymdm.server.address/mydevices

I also tried other iOS devices to ensure that it's problem is not the device itself, but on other devices i got the same problem.

Is there a way to renew or edit the management profile that will be installed on the devices to remote-manage them ?

Profilemanager: registering new device failed

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.