Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Using IPad to share a wifi connection

Hi, just wandered is anyone is aware of a method to share the wifi connection on an IPad so other devices can connect to it. Not like tethering where I share my 3g connection with a wifi enabled device. I'm going on holiday and have to pay 15 euro per connected device so wondered if I could connect my IPad then daisy chain our iPhones? Thanks

Posted on Jun 29, 2015 3:16 AM

8 replies

Jun 29, 2015 3:32 AM in response to gibbiem

The only way that you can share the connection is by using the cellular data connection like you do from the phone to the iPad. You have the option of using a mobile hotspot with the iPad and your other devices, but you have to purchase a data plan for that device as well. I have no idea how that impacts the overall cost,

Jun 29, 2015 10:04 AM in response to gibbiem

gibbiem wrote:

Hi, just wandered is anyone is aware of a method to share the wifi connection on an IPad so other devices can connect to it. Not like tethering where I share my 3g connection with a wifi enabled device. I'm going on holiday and have to pay 15 euro per connected device so wondered if I could connect my IPad then daisy chain our iPhones? Thanks

Connect your WiFi iPad to what exactly? The bottom line is if your device is WiFi only, there is nothing to share. That applies to all iPad devices.

Jun 30, 2015 2:26 AM in response to ShagCA

So connect the ipad to the wifi in the hotel.

Then some how share that connection with my iphone.

Dont think it can work though as the wifi receiver only works one way. I know on android I could connect an android tablet to a wifi network, then tether the connection via bluetooth.

I there no way to connect a mac mini to the hotel wifi, then share that network with my iphone?

Nov 3, 2015 12:20 PM in response to gibbiem

I Tried to figure it out without downloading the AppZap app but I couldn't. Anyhow I have appzap and if you do too just go in and type in wifi in the search. It brings up all kinds of wifi sharing apps. I can't give you any suggestions because I live in the Boone docks. I'm gonna try out a few on my next visit to town.

YOu ou can always go to http://www.appzapp.net/ and search from there.

Using IPad to share a wifi connection

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.