Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No option for adding a page.

I'm working on a newsletter format and when I try to insert a new page I do not get the option. The scroll down has page number, page count and date and time. I have clicked on anything that is allowed and cannot bring up a new page. I pulled up a new document and tried it on there also and it was the same thing.

MacBook Pro with Retina display

Posted on Jun 29, 2015 4:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 29, 2015 5:11 AM

Place your insertion point behind the last text on a page and then choose Insert ▸ Page break, followed by a return. This works in the middle of a section, or at the end of one. That is for Pages v5. In Pages '09, one simply does a Insert ▸ Page break at the end of a document and it is done. In the middle of a document, you insert the page break, move left one character, and press return to get a fresh clean page.

In either Pages above, it is easier to see the page insertion mark if you have Show Invisibles enabled on the View menu.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 29, 2015 5:11 AM in response to DSmith52

Place your insertion point behind the last text on a page and then choose Insert ▸ Page break, followed by a return. This works in the middle of a section, or at the end of one. That is for Pages v5. In Pages '09, one simply does a Insert ▸ Page break at the end of a document and it is done. In the middle of a document, you insert the page break, move left one character, and press return to get a fresh clean page.

In either Pages above, it is easier to see the page insertion mark if you have Show Invisibles enabled on the View menu.

No option for adding a page.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.