Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone cloud help

Hi,

All my photos were backed up on the cloud. I broke my iphone and bought a new one. My icloud storage is almost full so I am trying to get my old photos off the cloud and move them to dropbox, to free up storage.

When I logon to Icloud I cannot see any of my old photos. Can someone please help, I am utterly frustrated! i am an engineer and I can't figure out how to get my photos back. Am I the only one who finds this process very complicated! Thanks in advance....

Posted on Jun 29, 2015 6:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 29, 2015 8:59 AM

A backup to iCloud can only be used to do a full restore to an iOS device. The contents of the backup aren't viewable at iCloud.com. If you set up your new phone by doing a restore from iCloud they should be on the new phone and you could transfer them to Dropbox from there. The following has information on ways to reduce the storage at iCloud.com.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 29, 2015 8:59 AM in response to yaauldgoat

A backup to iCloud can only be used to do a full restore to an iOS device. The contents of the backup aren't viewable at iCloud.com. If you set up your new phone by doing a restore from iCloud they should be on the new phone and you could transfer them to Dropbox from there. The following has information on ways to reduce the storage at iCloud.com.

Jun 30, 2015 7:55 AM in response to yaauldgoat

yaauldgoat wrote:

Also why don't my old photos appear in my new phone? All my contacts are on my new phone but none my photos.

I do not have iCloud Photo Library option available in my photos tab.

Not sure what it was that you did -- on both the old and new phones. The contacts may be there due to syncing (i.e., Settings > iCloud > Contacts turned on for both phones). There was no similar option for photos to do that until iOS 8.3 added the iPhoto Library option. Prior to that, Camera Roll photos could be moved to a new iPhone via backup and restore.

iphone cloud help

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.