Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Facetime in the Middle East

The Facetime in most of middle east* iPhone devices is not enabled, just I have 3 questions:

1. Can I install it if I went to another region?
  2. Is it a matter of build-in App?
  3. If I bought an iPhone from another country, does the facetime will work even if the phone region has been set as a middle east country?

Please, advise as soon as possible, because I want to buy one and some dealers are offering with/without Facetime 😕.

*I'm living in Saudi Arabia

iPhone 6, null

Posted on Jun 29, 2015 5:53 AM

3 replies

Jun 30, 2015 3:09 AM in response to IdrisSeabright

Some friends told me that IF the Facetime is already installed in the device you can use it some how, the point is when you will start the phone, there is no Facetime and it is not available in App Store.

Also, some people telling if you use US Apple ID in the first login, you will find the Facetime.

But, the people coming from abroad are using the Facetime normally in Saudi Arabia. I have seen that.

Jun 30, 2015 5:09 AM in response to Mohamedsdn

Some friends told me that IF the Facetime is already installed in the device you can use it some how, the point is when you will start the phone, there is no Facetime and it is not available in App Store.

FaceTime is NOT installed on phones sold legitimately in KSA and UAE. It can not be added to those phones under any circumstances. It is banned by law there.

Also, some people telling if you use US Apple ID in the first login, you will find the Facetime.

This is false.

But, the people coming from abroad are using the Facetime normally in Saudi Arabia. I have seen that.

That's because they have phones from countries where it is not banned and they are connected to carriers or ISPs who are not blocking the service.

Facetime in the Middle East

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.