Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Support Profile Apple ID Problem

Hi Everyone.

I have a Apple Watch, and I just got it NEW from the Apple Store. Not on eBay or something. I tried to register on Apple's "My Support Profile", and i'm getting this message:

User uploaded file

The problem is, I only have ONE Apple ID, and this is a new watch, so I was kind of worried. Is there any way that I can remotely remove it from whoever's support profile it's on? Anything Helps.

Thanks,

Geotrax

Apple Watch, watchOS 1.0.1

Posted on Jun 29, 2015 6:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 29, 2015 7:27 AM

The Apple Store may have registered the watch automatically for you.

When I bought my watch from the Apple Store I found it already on "My Support Profile", with Apple Care registered for it.

Contact the Apple Store ask for clarification. Perhaps they made a mistake when they entered your Apple ID.

16 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 29, 2015 7:27 AM in response to Geotrax

The Apple Store may have registered the watch automatically for you.

When I bought my watch from the Apple Store I found it already on "My Support Profile", with Apple Care registered for it.

Contact the Apple Store ask for clarification. Perhaps they made a mistake when they entered your Apple ID.

Jul 7, 2015 6:21 PM in response to Geotrax

Another explanation is that someone else added an Apple Watch to My Support Profile but erroneously typed your watch's serial number instead of the correct one. That problem is completely out of your control.

The error could present difficulties if you ever require AppleCare warranty service. If Apple isn't interested in rectifying the problem, return your watch for a refund and purchase another one just like it. Be sure to tell them the reason you are taking that action.

That ought to get their attention. Sometimes subtlety doesn't work.

You have 14 days so don't wait.

Jul 7, 2015 6:30 PM in response to Geotrax

While John Galt is certainly correct, in my humble opinion, that is very unlikely for these reasons:

• Since my Apple Watch got added to My Support Profile automatically, I would guess that is true for many Apple Watch users. No typing (or mistyping) is involved for these cases.
  • Apple does not typically use consecutive serial numbers, just to minimize the likelihood of mistyping. So, for example, if the real serial number were "983" and someone erroneously typed "938", that would very likely be flagged as an illegal number.

Jul 8, 2015 5:35 AM in response to sberman

• If you purchase a device from the retail (not online) Apple Store it will not automatically be added to My Support Profile. Typing is required, since there is no way to copy and paste as with most other Apple products.
  • Apple's use of consecutive serial numbers, or not, is specious. They are in fact randomly generated. Changing any one of the product code digits is sufficient to add any number of non-owned products to My Support Profile. For example, if a product code digit is an H change it to an 8. Try it yourself, but if you do please remove the product immediately thereafter.

It is a flawed system that caused me the exact same problem with the exact same cause, several years ago. TOU (2)(5) further illustrates the reason for my reply.

Jul 8, 2015 10:09 AM in response to John Galt

Another explanation is that someone else added an Apple Watch to My Support Profile but erroneously typed your watch's serial number instead of the correct one. That problem is completely out of your control.

That was the reason why I suggested to contact Apple Support. But it is a very unpleasant interview, because they will suspect a stolen product when a product we are trying to register is already registered to another AppleID.

Jul 8, 2015 11:19 AM in response to léonie

Exactly. In the (very unlikely) event AppleCare service would be required, I seriously doubt Apple would outright deny it on this basis alone. However, they would almost certainly require a properly dated and printed sales invoice to unequivocally prove ownership, presenting an unjustified inconvenience to Geotrax.

That's the reason I'd put the problem squarely back in Apple's lap before the 14 day time limit runs out. In all likelihood, they'll fix what is probably an innocent mistake, rather than completely refund a purchase for such a trivial reason.

My Support Profile Apple ID Problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.