Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Will Apple Music REQUIRE Match?

I quit iTunes Match early on because it kept messing up my iTunes library (especially artwork), and I didn't like the different versions of my songs that it called a "match". Now I see that there are new and worse issues with Match... the day before Apple Music launches with Match built in! Yikes, is Apple going to tempt millions of people with a free trial that could scramble their music libraries? Does anyone know if the Match feature in Apple Music is mandatory? Is it exactly the same Match system that is still screwing people's music up? I guess we won't know for sure until tomorrow? Good luck everyone!

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2014), OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on Jun 29, 2015 7:23 AM

8 replies

Jul 1, 2015 1:50 AM in response to foxcub 6

Apple Music and iTunes Match are independant but complimentary. For example, I have iTunes Match and I will be using the Apple Music for at least the 3 month trial period then I will see. Apple Music will allow me to stream the entire iTunes Store and it will even upload my existing library to the cloud should one not be using iTunes Match. But if you ever decide to cancel the Apple Music at $9.99/month, not only will you lose the benefit of streaming the iTunes store but any music that was uploaded via your library won't be in the cloud. But if you have already subscribed to iTunes Match, your music library remains in the cloud

regardless of what you decide to do with Apple Music.

Jul 10, 2015 12:58 AM in response to H. Lamar Thomas

I've discussed these music options with my Apple cronnies and we all concur that both services have benefits. For the user who hasn't invested much in music over the years yet has a strong desire to discover new artists while streaming/listening to any artist of their choice, Apple Music is a great option, especially if your a big music person who wishes to use the "Connect" features now offered. And unlike iTunes Match which is a download based streaming system, Apple Music consumes no memory, not even cached memory. Moving on to the Apple User who has been collecting and purchasing music back to the Van Halen or even the Zeppelin days, their concern may be the safe storage and preservation of thousands of dollars spent on music. Enter iTunes Match, where you can upload music at will until you reach 25,000 tracks (soon to be 100,000 this fall). Some may choose to use to use both services and explore all that Apple Music has to offer knowing that should they cancel, iTunes Match will still be storing their music.

Jul 10, 2015 11:36 PM in response to Brskiz

Match and iCloud were working great for me and how it synched with iTunes on the iPhone.

Apple. Apple. Apple. I have opened Match in the Store and it did nothing worthwhile.

I synched iCloud in the drop down Library. It did nothing. A nice little circle, just an unconnected circle, spun around in the top right of the iTunes window. It did nothing of value. iCloud is not synching with iTunes for the iPhone.

I have turned it on and off, turned the computer on and off and turned iTunes on and off two more times.

I give up. Apple wins. It is coming time to switch. I paid for Match. I paid for expanded iCloud. Now that want us all to pay for a radio called My Music. They tried to force me to use My Music, a radio, on my iPhone by having it as the opening window every time I opened iTunes. Finally got around that just to see that all my Playlists are empty. It is all empty. Apple gave us emptiness for paying over and over to use each service. Apple has become a very very bad company. Bad Apple! Bad! If only we all could hear back from this

Bad Apple when contacting customer service. Wow, that would be nice. And for an extra fee we can have expedited service.

Bad Apple! Bad!

Will Apple Music REQUIRE Match?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.