Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

pages I want to edit a document with a new name and keep the old name and document

I want to edit an existing document. keep it in its present form and name and give the new document edited from the old document

Powerbook, Mac OS X (10.4.3), Have others

Posted on Jun 29, 2015 10:04 AM

10 replies

Jun 29, 2015 10:30 AM in response to Csound1

I will try it again. When I selected duplicate it shaded the original name of the dock. I gave it a new name. It saved it with the new name in the original folder it was in. But the doc with the original name disappeared. It is not acting like "save as" does in word. I want to edit the original pages document with its new name and keep the original with the old name.

Jun 29, 2015 12:33 PM in response to letmeknow

On OS X, the process of duplicating a filename appends copy to the base filename.

Open the zonothings copy.pages document. In the Title bar, click the filename, and a panel appears with the name selected. Backspace just the zanothings copy part of the name and give it a new name. The file is renamed.

Alternatively, in the Finder, you can single-click the zanothings copy.pages icon name. Wait a second, and single-click it again. Just the zanothings copy part of the name is selected. Just type the new name, and press return to set it.

pages I want to edit a document with a new name and keep the old name and document

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.