Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Vanishing Icons!!! on the Upper Right Hand

Hi, My icons keep on vanishing on the menu bar. The wireless and spotlight, volume control, battery power, bluetooth icons keep on appearing and disappearing from the upper right hand corner of the screen. Secondly I'm unable to access my system preferences as I get a quite unexpectedly error. This started a few days ago when my Google Chrome crashed. Anytime I try to restart it, I get the 'quit unexpectedly error' I uninstalled and reinstalled but still same. I just realised I'm getting this same error for other apps installed on my mac. Can you help me out? Thanks …

MacBook Pro (13-inch Mid 2012)

Posted on Jun 29, 2015 8:46 AM

4 replies

Jun 29, 2015 9:05 AM in response to Odasani D'Giorgio

Could be corrupt plist try deleting com.apple.systemuiserver.plist

using Finder>Go>Go to Folder (command shift G):

copy and paste:

~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.systemuiserver.plist

delete this plist.

now open terminal (Applications/Utilities/terminal.app) copy and paste the command (or restart your computer):

killall SystemUIServer

and return. This command will kill the process and MacOS X will automatically rebuild the menu bar, clearing out old cache. Quit Terminal.

Jun 29, 2015 4:13 PM in response to Odasani D'Giorgio

Odasani D'Giorgio wrote:

Thanks leroydouglas....this is what I got when from terminal " No matching processes belonging to you were found"

Problem still persists.... 😟

The terminal should not respond with anything if entered correctly. The command is:

killall SystemUIServer

you can as an alternative if you are not comfortable with terminal is simply reboot the machine after deleting the plist

Vanishing Icons!!! on the Upper Right Hand

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.