Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

touch id

I'm running the most current build of iOS for my iPad Air 2. My Touch ID stopped working a couple of weeks ago (no OS update during that period). I was unable to use my Fingerprint to log onto my iPad.

I then went into the Settings and deleted all fingerprints. Then I tried to re-scan my fingerprint. when I select the 1st Finger, the scanner won't scan my fingerprint.

So it looks like it's a scanner issue. It won't even scan in a new fingerprint.

Any help would be appreciated.

iPad Air, iOS 8.3, null

Posted on Jun 29, 2015 10:01 AM

1 reply

Jul 1, 2015 10:06 AM in response to webstrands

Greetings webstrands,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

I understand that the Touch ID on your iPhone is not functioning as you would expect. In this situation, I would recommend working through the suggested troubleshooting steps outlined in the attached article. If the issue continues, you may need to follow the links in step 7 and seek service.

Use Touch ID on iPhone and iPad - Apple Support

Get help with Touch ID

1. Make sure that you're using the latest version of iOS.
  2. Make sure that your fingers and the Home button are clean and dry.*
  3. Cover the Home button completely. Don't tap too quickly, don't press down hard, and don't move your finger while Touch ID is scanning. Make sure that your finger touches the metal ring around the Home button.
  4. If you're using a case or screen protector, make sure it doesn't cover the Home button or the surrounding ring. If it does, remove the case or screen protector and try again.
  5. Tap Settings > Touch ID & Passcode and make sure that iPhone Unlock or iTunes & App Store is on. Also make sure that you've enrolled one or more fingerprints.
  6. Try enrolling a different finger.
  7. If you can't enroll any of your fingers, take your device to an Apple Retail Store, Apple Authorized Service Provider, or contact AppleCare for help.

* Moisture, lotions, sweat, oils, cuts, or dry skin might affect fingerprint recognition. Certain activities can also temporarily affect fingerprint recognition, including exercising, showering, swimming, cooking, or other conditions or changes that affect your fingerprint.

Cheers,

Joe

touch id

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.