Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to Activate iPad mini

I had iPad mini and used it for two years with my own Apple ID. Then I sold it to my friend. I removed my data from iPad and reset all settings and content and removed my Apple ID from that.

My friend created a new Apple ID for that iPad and he used it for few months. Now yesterday he came to me and told me that his iPad is disabled due to wrong password, and on screen it says connect to iTunes.

I searched for the problem on Apple community and found a solution to connect iPhone with iTunes by pressing and holding Home button and then putting iPad in recovery mode. I put that iPad in recovery mode because my friend never used it with iTunes and I had reinstalled my windows after I sold out my iPad.

By doing so, iPad was recovered and password was removed, but it says that this iPad is liked with a*****@icloud.com ...........

I tried Apple iD of my friend while he was with me, but it says that this iPad can't activate by this ID..

Then I have tried with my own Apple ID which I'd used on the same iPad before, but same message.

Then again I searched apple community to solve this problem. I found Find My iPhone Activation Lock: Removing a device from a previous owner’s account - Apple Support

On this page, the only thing which I thought could be useful (because others I'd already tried) was to remove iPad from my own account by signing in to my iCloud account from Find my iPhone. Then I signed in to my iCloud account and from Find my iPhone I tried to remove the device, but it is not showing any device.

Then I asked my friend to sign in his icloud account. He signed in but when he entered his password it looks like he entered it for the first time and there were only four Apps, Numbers, Kenotes, Settings and one other which I dont remember now. But there was no option of Find my iPhone and also by going to setting, no device was visible in his devices.

Now please tell me who can I activate that iPad. My own account is not working on it and my friend's account is also not working.

Waiting for reply.

Syed Faran A.

<Personal Information Edited By Host>

iPad mini Wi-Fi, iOS 7.0.2, null

Posted on Jun 29, 2015 9:28 AM

3 replies

Unable to Activate iPad mini

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.