Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPhone 5 was just blacklisted. I'm the original owner. Can I unblacklist it?

I live in Japan and have a phone through SoftBank. The phone was purchased brand new from SoftBank two years ago. I visited the states for two months and I attempted to use my phone with a different SIM card to see if it was unlocked like AU phones are. It would not allow me. Upon returning to Japan, I found out that my phone will not access the network at all. I swapped out SIM cards with my wife and her sim would not work with mine but mine works just fine in her phone. After finding out about blacklisting, I checked my IMEI and found out that my phone has been blacklisted. The phone has not been reported as stolen or lost because I have been in physical control of the phone at all times. Is there a way to unblacklist my phone?

iPhone 5, iOS 8.3, null

Posted on Jun 29, 2015 9:59 AM

5 replies

Aug 12, 2015 4:43 AM in response to Washuu

hi hope you are doing fine, have you found the solution?

i live in hong kong, i bought the japan spec iphone from local shop here without warranty, pls see below . now i dont know whom to contact to get it unlocked, its asking for insert sim card, my hong kong 3 sim card shows up as invalid sim, its a new nano sim card. can you help me check with softbank japan service provider if they can unblock this phone for me since you are in japan, hope you will help me. look forward to your kind reply. thanks a lot. jags.

Model iPhone 6 Plus
IMEI 354378063836227
Serial Number FK1NL0R1G5QV
Telephone Technical Support Expired
Repairs & Service Coverage Expired
Purchase Validated
Carrier

Softbank - Japan
Blacklist status: Blacklisted

My iPhone 5 was just blacklisted. I'm the original owner. Can I unblacklist it?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.