Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I would like to clean-delete all my Itunes Playlist...but mantaining all my Music. How to do it in a safe way ?.

I would like to clean-delete all my Itunes Playlist...but mantaining all my Music. How to do it in a safe way ?

MacBook Pro (13-inch Early 2011)

Posted on Jun 29, 2015 9:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 29, 2015 10:08 AM

The safest way to do anything is to back up the computer first.

You can delete playlists one by one. This is tedious if you have many playlists. Deleting playlists will not affect overall library content but you may get warning messages about syncing problems. If you ever see a message asking if you want to remove a media file (you shouldn't) say no.

Another way to delete playlists is to simply delete the library file (iTunes Library.itl). When you next start iTunes it will create a new, blank file and you can re-add media by dragging to the Automatically Add To iTunes folder. This method will re-set play count, date added, and ratings.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 29, 2015 10:08 AM in response to rzzmrz

The safest way to do anything is to back up the computer first.

You can delete playlists one by one. This is tedious if you have many playlists. Deleting playlists will not affect overall library content but you may get warning messages about syncing problems. If you ever see a message asking if you want to remove a media file (you shouldn't) say no.

Another way to delete playlists is to simply delete the library file (iTunes Library.itl). When you next start iTunes it will create a new, blank file and you can re-add media by dragging to the Automatically Add To iTunes folder. This method will re-set play count, date added, and ratings.

I would like to clean-delete all my Itunes Playlist...but mantaining all my Music. How to do it in a safe way ?.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.