Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I want to watch movies on iPad without WiFi

I have many old movies on my computer and I would like to watch them on my iPad - BUT - here is the catch - I would like to be able to load up several movies, more than I have memory for on my iPad, and watch them over a period of time while on a long trip. Part of the trip may be an airplane flight of more than 9 hours and I may be gone for 2 to 4 weeks.

Ideally, I would load the movies down to an SD card (or several) and watch them, or load them from the Camera Card Adaptor that lets me load photos from my DSLR onto my iPad.

If I had to load the movies to my iPad, where would I put them and what app would I use to watch them?

Thanks

iPad (3rd gen) Wi-Fi, iOS 8

Posted on Jun 29, 2015 9:16 AM

4 replies

Jun 29, 2015 9:29 AM in response to Adrian70437

Lets start with the easier option. Loading movies directly onto the iPad:

To do this, you need to import hem into iTunes on your computer and sync them to the iPad. The Sync process will place the movies in the Videos App on the iPad. You can watch them from there while offline without issue.

If you have more movies that can fit on the iPad, that will pose a problem for offline viewing.

You will not be able to use the Camera card adapter to view movies form an SD card. As you would need to actually transfer the movies from the SD card onto the Pad's photo App and view them there.

To view them directly off the card you will need additional hardware such as:

http://www.kingston.com/en/wireless/wireless_readers#mlw221

I want to watch movies on iPad without WiFi

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.