Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Directory 4.7.1 (?)

I just noticed a new Software Update on a client's Mavericks SUS dated 6/24/15 called Apple Directory 4.7.1. It adds the following:

• Street maps
  • Mutually exclusive groups
  • Restricted self-add groups
  • Editing amenities for conference rooms
  • Improved performance and stability

Few questions:

• Is this for Mavericks, or Mountain Lion (or below?)
  • Does this update Directory Services? I'm nervous, since we are using Active Directory binding at the client.
  • Though it might just be for Maps, but noticed the "nods" to groups and conference rooms ... which lead me to believe this is an Open Directory update.
  • Anyone know why there is so little news and very vague descriptions? Is there a better resource to be checking?

Just really wish these descriptions were more concise, so that I could consult properly with my Enterprise clientele.

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Late 2013), OS X Yosemite (10.10.3), Final Cut Pro X

Posted on Jun 29, 2015 10:40 AM

3 replies

Jul 6, 2015 5:58 AM in response to Grant Bennet-Alder

There is not a link for this particular item. I have also seen it on my SUS. Even when there is a link Apple are getting less and less informative, for example the recent Mac Security EFI update, the link (in that case there is one) does not specify which model Macs it applies to. It does say it is for Mountain Lion and Mavericks only and will not run under Yosemite and I did find via another link an indication that this update is 'built-in' to Yosemite.

If you look at a SUS server you will see lots of updates for which there are no specific links, e.g. GateKeeper, voice synthesiser files, Chinese Word List updates, XProtect updates, voice recognition updates and so on.

Apple Directory 4.7.1 (?)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.