Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

multiple wrong artists/albums on iPhone and iPad, but not in iTunes

Hi,

I just added a full discography of Moby to my music library that a friend shared with me and now lot's of my music on iPhone and iPad is mixed up, but not on my Mac's. When I imported the music via iTunes on my MacBook Air it first took a bit of time to process it all and upload. At first it showed the crossed dotted cloud icon next to songs, but switching on/off Genius+iTunes Match seem to have solved the problem and all my Moby was in the cloud very soon.

However then another problem occurred - I had about 5 entries for same Moby on the Artists list in iOS devices and songs would be split in random manner between these different Moby's. On Mac at that time all the music was showing correctly and I had only 1 Moby in the Artists list and all the albums orderly under it. So I started playing with group editing all the tracks in iTunes thinking that perhaps encoding of artist name might have been different on various tracks. After a few attempts to consolidate my Moby tracks through re-application of group changes to metadata of the tracks and deletion of unwanted albums I am now left with 3 entries of Moby on iOS devices (both iPhone and iPad show same thing), but my MB Air and Mac Mini still show correct albums and correct artists.

Then I noticed that the problem got worse - on iOS devices Artists for some of the tracks got reassigned to another artist in my collection and some tracks from other albums not related to Moby at all are now showing as his music. The track names and artwork are still correct everywhere. Again my Macs are showing correct artists and albums for all tracks (Moby and non-Moby ones).

Please help. I would really like to consolidate my music so that I can enjoy it on the go.

iPhone 5, iOS 8.3

Posted on Jun 29, 2015 10:03 AM

4 replies

Jul 1, 2015 5:11 AM in response to Guitargeek62

Had the same problem last week. Wasted a day looking at problem, then decided Apple did something and complained to them. Heard nothing back from them. Saw other posts and some people were doing drastic things to get their library back in order. What happened? Apple released it's new Music App today and everything is back in order. Some people are going to be mad.

multiple wrong artists/albums on iPhone and iPad, but not in iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.