Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

were can i down load the latest version of iPhoto

iPhone 5c, iOS 8

Posted on Jun 29, 2015 12:10 PM

3 replies

Jun 29, 2015 12:29 PM in response to mellow mike

Do you want to download if for iOs (as your signature states iPhone 5c, iOS 8), or do you want to download iPhoto '11 for your Mac?

There is no iPhoto for iOS 8. The last version of iPhoto iOS has been released for iOS 7. You cannot use iPhoto on iOS 8.

And iPhoto for Mac is no longer developed and Apple stopped selling it. If you own a version of iPhoto that is associated with your ApplID at the AppStore, sign into the Mac AppStore and download iPhoto 9.6.1 from the Purchases tab of the AppStore. You have to trash any current version before you do that, so Spotlight does not see iPhoto as installed.

See this User Tip:

Get iPhoto 9.6.1 if you didn't update before OS... | Apple Support Communities

Jun 29, 2015 2:34 PM in response to mellow mike

Where can I download iPhoto 9.0? When I try to open iPhoto?

Which version of MacOS X do you have installed?

You cannot download a full version of iPhoto anywhere, only updates to full versions. If you do not have an installer for iPhoto 9.0 you can buy it as part of the iLife '11 installer DVD from Amazon. Apple's Downloads&Updates page (https://support.apple.com/en_US/downloads) has updaters for the basic iPhoto '11 installation, up to iPhoto 9.4.3. None of the free updates from this page will run on Yosemite however. For the current MacOS X you need iPhoto 9.6.1, that can only be installed from the App Store, and only, if you own an earlier AppStore version of iPhoto.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.