Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i accidentally erased my mac partition

I have a late 2008 MacBook, decided to boot camp with windows 7, everything was fine until I decided I wanted to partition my existing Windows partition which has now corrupted my Mac partition and I have tried everything to get back in. There aren't any important docs or files that I need to recover as I have it all backed up but I really want my Mac OS back! I've tried to use TransMac to make a bootable USB from a Yosemite DMG I got off the pirate bay but that doesn't seem to work. And I can't find a legitimate download link from Apple since I don't have access to another Mac. I have read every forum and help guide I can find out there and nothing seems to work. I have tried holding option and all I get is the Windows boot option, I have tried CMD R, I have tried option CMD R P, I have tried from bootcamp in Windows. If anyone has a link to a usable Yosemite dmg or any advice whatsoever please help, this is the last hope I have.

Thanks in advance

MacBook, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on Jun 29, 2015 10:37 AM

5 replies

Jul 6, 2015 1:49 AM in response to Chad-m

HI! I have the same problem. I accidentally deleted OS X. My macbook only boot Windows bootcamp. I tried booting through an external hard drive with osx installed in it from another laptop but it won't boot. I can access recovery mode but im afraid to reformat the disk for the reason that the macbook might not read mac os x any more coz of the files deleted.

I Also have install disk but i cant boot from it.

how can i fix this?

i need help!

Thanks!

Jul 6, 2015 4:17 AM in response to Mooooookie

Boot from the external OSX installation and post the output of the following terminal commands.

diskutil list

diskutil cs list

sudo gpt -vv -r show /dev/disk0

sudo fdisk /dev/disk0

The "sudo" commands will prompt for your password, and it will not be echoed back. You may also see a warning about improper use of "sudo" and potential data loss due to "abuse" of the command.

i accidentally erased my mac partition

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.